Five Tips to Reduce your Cybersecurity Risks
Now more than ever, technology is an essential part of our daily lives. We shop, bank, and connect online. Civista Bank wants to share the importance of protecting yourself and your personal information while on the internet.
Here are some tips to reduce your risk of cyber-attacks:
- Secure your devices and accounts with a strong password or passphrase. Try adding in some punctuation and capital letters for added password strength, such as i-L0V_Civist@bA^k.
- Protect your personal information by updating your devices to the latest security software, operating system, and web browser. Enable automatic updates to make sure your devices are always up-to-date.
- If you don’t know the sender of an email or if something doesn’t seem right, don’t click on any links or attachments. Criminals may try to fool you with phishing emails.
- Do not shop, bank, or conduct other sensitive activities while connected to public wifi as it is insecure.
- Make sure online shopping sites are security-enabled by looking for the “https” in the site’s web address. If you do not see the “s” at the end of “http” it means the site is not encrypted.
How Civista Bank Keeps You Secure
Civista Bank wants to ensure that you are safe while using our products, which is why our mobile banking app has added features such as:
- Fingerprint and facial recognition
- The ability to instantly suspend your debit card if it becomes lost or stolen
- No account information is stored on your phone
Learn more about how Civista Bank can help protect your personal and financial information on our Fraud & Security page.