If you have a tight budget, figuring out what you want to get your loved one for Valentine's Day may seem difficult. Don’t let that stop you from showing your love. Get creative. Check out these 5 ideas for a budget friendly Valentine’s Day.
- Cook at Home – Surprise your Valentine with a favorite meal or better yet, cook together. Cooking together will give you the opportunity to spend quality time with one another and create tasty memories.
- Home Movie Night – Pick out your favorite Rom Com, make some popcorn and snuggle up on the couch for your own personal theatre experience. Pick from your personal DVD/Blu-ray collection or pick your favorite using your preferred streaming service.
- Park Adventure – Take a drive to a local state park. Pack a romantic picnic (and warm clothes). Be sure to take photos of each other and scenery around the park. Put together a scrapbook of your adventure.
- Nix the Gifts – Rather than spending money on buying each other gifts, commit to making a memory instead. Whether it’s going on a wintery hike, playing your favorite board game, or sitting by the fire having a glass of wine, the memory of the time you spent together will last years beyond any gift you could buy.
- Winter Getaway – If you want a few days away together, plan a trip after the holiday. Take advantage of winter rates to help keep within your budget.