Quick, easy and even more secure.
From the checkout to the ATM, a Civista Bank Debit Mastercard® makes buying quick, easy and more secure than ever. Plus, you can add your card to your digital wallet for even greater safety and convenience.
Freeze your card in an instant.
Ever left your debit card at a store or restaurant? We know the feeling. So the Civista Mobile App allows you to temporarily turn off your debit card if it’s been lost or stolen. Once the card is located, use your app to instantly turn it back on!
Digital wallet Payments
Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay™ and Samsung Pay. Just add your card to your mobile device. Then look for the contactless symbol at participating merchants and in your favorite apps for fast, secure checkouts.
- Added Security - The built-in microchip contains encrypted information that makes it extremely difficult for the card to be copied or counterfeited.
- At merchants that use chip terminals, the card and terminal work together to add an additional layer of security to the transaction.
- Some merchants may require your PIN.
- Greater Worldwide Acceptance - chip technology is currently used in more than 80 countries around the world and becoming standard in the U.S. The Civista Bank Debit Mastercard can be used anywhere in the world where Mastercard is accepted.
- Easy to Use - Use your chip card at the exact same merchants you do now - by inserting the card into card terminals that are chip enabled or swiping your card at merchant locations that have not yet switched to chip-enabled terminals.
- You can also use your card for online payments, telephone payments, and at ATMs as you always do.
You’re protected by Mastercard’s Zero Liability for fraudulent charges. That means you won't be held liable if the card or card number is used for purchases without permission.1
Your digital banking offers you convenient control over your debit card. Access this feature under ‘Manage Cards’ > ‘Debit Card Control’. To view additional menu options, tap on your card image or click the ‘Card details’ button when on a desktop screen.
Temporarily Enable/Disable Card
Freeze or disable a lost card and enable once it’s been found. Simply use the ‘Enable/disable’ toggle.
Request a New Card
You can request a new card from your digital banking’s Debit Card Control for an account that doesn’t already have a card issued.
If your card is damaged, you can order a replacement card. Click ‘Card details’ > ‘Order replacement’. (To access this feature via mobile, tap on your card to bring up additional menu options). Please notify Civista if your address has changed to avoid delays in receiving your card.
Report a Card Lost, Stolen or Fraud
You can report a card lost, stolen or having fraudulent activity by clicking ‘Card details’ > ‘Report lost, stolen, or fraud’. (To access this feature via mobile, tap on your card to bring up additional menu options).
Select lost, stolen or fraud. Be sure to check the ‘Order replacement’ box to receive a new card with a new card number. Please notify Civista if your address has changed to avoid delays in receiving your card.
Avoid card service disruptions by letting us know when and where you will be traveling. Please allow 4 business hours for your travel to be notated.
Set POS Limit – Temporary Limit Increases
Standard limits are:
- For personal cards, $500 at the ATM and $3,500 for purchases.
- For business cards, $500 at the ATM and $5,000 for purchases.
Within your digital banking, you can request a temporary increase for your Point of Sale (POS) daily limit. Go to ‘Card details’ > ‘Set POS limit’.
Temporary POS limit increases are dependent upon account balances and activity. Please allow 4 business hours for your request to be reviewed. A digital banking team member will send you a secure message to confirm your request.
Temporary increases are good for up to 3 days. For extended temporary limits or larger limit amounts, please send a secure message. If you would like to request a permanent increase, please contact your branch or Civista Banker.
(To access this feature via mobile, tap on your card to bring up additional menu options).