Skip Navigation Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,download Adobe® Acrobat Reader.
Civista Bank interior wall sign

Special Compensation

News Release. 

Civista Bank Reinvests in Employees with Special Compensation


SANDUSKY, Ohio, Feb. 21, 2018 - Civista Bank's CEO and President Dennis Shaffer has announced bank wide compensation increases for Civista Bank employees with a combination of salary raises and bonus payments. "The dedication of our employees to developing customer relationships and providing world-class service is the backbone of our organization. It is a priority of our board and management team to continually evaluate investments in our employees when opportunities arise," Shaffer said. A reduction in the corporate tax, resulting from the Tax Cuts and Job Act of 2017, has created a unique savings opportunity for many organizations like Civista.

Civista plans to increase base pay later this month for 86% of its employee base which will result in approximately $2,000 annually for full-time hourly employees, and will provide a one-time bonus of $750.00 for the other 14%. "Wage increases not only benefit our employees, but also support continued growth in the communities where we work and live," explained Shaffer. "As the labor market becomes increasingly competitive, we want to be sure Civista is positioned as an employer of choice," Shaffer added. "We are proud of the longevity of our employees and their focus on creating life-long relationships with our customers and in our communities."